Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mothers' Tales and the Empty Nest

" I cried and cried everyday. I wondered if he could make friends, if he could find his way around the campus.. it seemed so big.. what if he had nothing to eat.. what if he did'nt like the food.O told the father in uastalia where got Chaptiis?! I missed my son so much I flew to see him every month the first year ! And Cheh! Those girls overseas.. can never tell you know. Sooo different from our Asian families. So After his first year his father and I found him a bride from India!The wedding will be in 2012 when he graduates.. you come yah? ! "

Jane Worrimugam

" Nothing lah, I just put her on a plane and told her that if she needed anything ..call home. So many children go overseas everyday.. no big deal. Last time my parents only gave me enough money for the first year. I was expected to study and work for the rest of my tuition. These young people so dem lucky nowadays. "

Nancy Lim Wo Huei

" My husband and I just worried .. what if she cannot meet the high standards. What if she fail? If come home like that then the whoooolee family sure lose face one..how to face my relatives? My friends? Eh enter university no gaurantee come out with degree you know? My friend's daughter fail every year got to repeat. Of course eventually got graduate already and found job but we all know she kosong upstairs.. repeat and repeat sure passs one lah. .....then ah you know....No matchmaker in the world can find her a suitable husband! Girls study too much where got husband prospects?? "

Bibi Lilian Tang Ling Ling

"Our children were winning prizes for Elocution when they were 7! And I had them tutored by the very best teachers. All my children could recite the Chemistry tables by the time they were 10 ! I have nothing but high expectations for my children. Their father came from Oxford and I am a graduate of Cambridge. My children have always been in the top 3% of their classes. My daughter scored a string of A's and is the National award winner of the Young Writer's Guild in Cambridge by 11. My son was a awarded top prizes in Physics, Chemistry and a National prize in Biology. They have offers from Harvard and Princeton.. there is no doubt in my mind that my children were made for success. "

Dr Mary Evangelistika Crawford III -Tan K. Su

" Well the secret of my childrens' success overseas is that for every exam I fly over and I cook for them. You know with exam pressures and what not, they have no time to make nutritious meals so I leave my husband and fly over for an month or so to be with the kids. "

Mrs Beety Croker - Lee

Oh dear.. so much to look forward to..... 66 days to go....



1 comment:

Dee said...

Lol!!!! Mothers!!