Monday, April 27, 2009

Counting the days...



At 4 am this morning I woke up and it hit me .. my Jeff is going to fly off in 2 hours and be away for a month !!.. A month is a long time for me .. we have never been apart willfully. The last time this happened was in 2006 when my dad passed away and that was agony as I sorted out all the funeral details plus the details of bringing him back to Singapore alone in Australia !! But this time.. we chose to be apart.. One month.


So.. it's now 8.18pm.. and I have spent the day waiting to hear the gate creak open and expecting to hear the car crawl in.. then I realise.. he's away for a month. I guess I'll get use to this.. but I am sure hearing weird things cos I think I can hear his key in the door! But I check my handphone and it's 5.18am in LA.. he has still a ways to go.. he's supposed to arrive at 12.30pm LA time. Well.. one day down.. 29 days to go :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, come saturday you'd have me!! :D

Pearlyn