Monday, April 13, 2009

Lundu Youth Retreat

It has been AGES since I have written anything. However it has been an amazing few months and I dont want to forget them so I will instead let pictures speak for themselves. We had a Youth retreat in Lundu in March. It was the first activity in which the Youth Leaders completely handled the entire event!





Our Lundu retreat was in March and it was amazing. We were visited by large spiders, centipedes .. one which crawled up Ivory's blouse during worship but was later flicked off her throat! A nasty car crash out of which Dennis crawled out of the vehicle totally unscathed! Youth leaders taking charge.. and me feeling like a guest speaker at my own event! But it was a good feeling to take a back seat and see the young leaders lead, teach and worship.. I was so proud of them that if I had been a peacock I would have strutted all over Lundu !

Their creativity was inspired! Here we have the Orange Team.. a verrrry original name!


The White and Blue Team.... well at least the Blue Team is hmmm flexible.. the Whites are missing something.. girls I think!


What is a Youth Retreat without a little fun and games to build team work and camraderie?




Old relationships strengthened and new friendships were forged and shyness melted away as the day wore on. ............

No Fellowship is complete without the Makan Makan!!!!


But ultimately we came so that we could have the time to worship Him and get to know Him more. Below are some testimonies about our Retreat.. Read on...
I was so scared when I saw the centipede. I had felt something crawling inside my t shirt but I thought it was just a mossie. It was so scary to see that it was a centipede. After Aunty Su prayd for me . I realised that Jesus had really protected me . I really felt the peace of God . Even when my mother called me later that evening I forgot to tell her about the centipede because God had given me such peace in my heart... Ivory 14
After I heard about what happened to Dennis and his car accident I couldnt help but remember that as Youth Leaders we had prayed that at this Retreat God would make Himself so real.. I believe what happened to Ivory and Dennis really showed us how much God really loves us and how real He is.. Linus Chin 15
When we had our worship I felt the peace of God. Nothing else was on my mind ; not the bug bites, sore legs or worries mattered. I just had nothing else on my mind except worship and God in this place.. Dylan Chen. 14
" Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Lord... He alone is my refuge , my place of safety, He is my God and I am trusting in Him." Psalm 91

No comments: