Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A moment in time


Hind sight is a beautiful thing. But the problem with hind sight is that you have to live through the moment in order to be able to achieve that kind of wisdom. Not all of this is pleasant and most times it's downright hard .. but there is a light at the other side of the tunnel , it's just that you have to want , to be determined to get there. Because if you give up, you'll probably live in the darkness thinking that that's all there is.. I read an article the other day which was written by a fireman trapped in the debris of the 9/11 terror attacks on the Twin Towers in New York.


Trapped in tons of concrete , twisted wire and dust he was ready to surrender and he actually prayed " To you Lord I surrender my spirit" . He had an incredible vision of Jesus coming and in His hand He carried a bottle of mineral water. He felt Jesus tell him to hang on. Unbeknowst to him rescuers were getting closer and closer to him. When again he cried out to Jesus and said." I am ready, take me home". Jesus appeared and again he saw the mineral water.. The rescuers had found him and were digging towards him. It took them nearly 5-6 hours but they got him out alive. He underwent 20 odd sugeries and had to be induced into a coma in order to survive the surgeries.. He said when he recoeverd, " When I was in that tunnel I saw nothing but my end. If not for Jesus I would have given up and fallen asleep when the rescuers called out to me. He gave me a bottle of mineral water.. I knew then that it was'nt time for me to leave.. you dont need mineral water in heaven.!"


Yup it always seems darkest before we eventually see the light . The trick is to hold on and believe that Jesus will lead us towards something better and that this difficult moment is just that.. a moment in your life history and it shall soon pass.

No comments: