Thursday, February 5, 2009

Past revisted ..


Recently I sent out a piece on the revisitng the past.. I stopped because I fell asleep...


My husband says to me.. oftentimes, " Jangan main api".. Dont play with fire.. How much of your past you revisit is " Playing with Fire?".. Lately, my past kinda caught up with me.. after nearly 25 odd years of not speaking to anyone who knew me before the age of 15 .. I found old classmates on Facebook.


Looking at some of them I see how far they've come, how successful they've become and what different women they have grown to be. My ex- classmates are all over the place ranging from Singapore to England, to Australia and the US. They chat with one another and leave " threads" on Facebook like as if being 14 was just yesterday, they remember teachers whom I have forgotten. They remember things about you , you don't remember about yourself.. some good , some bad.


But they do remind you of a time long ago. Like the smell of a scent, or the light in the day.. their voices bring you to places you have long shut the door to. It tickles your nostrils and you try to place the time and event and like an elusive wiff it seems vaguely yet dangerously familiar.. We don't know who we've grown to be but we remember who we were.. strangers yet friends in the remotest definition possible.
Jangan Main Api..... hmm that depends dosent it? After all fire is good for some things !


No comments: