Monday, January 5, 2009

16 days and counting....


Yesterday my daughter had a meltdown. It suddenly crashed upon her young mind that in 16 days we are flying to Perth and she will begin a new chapter in her life. A chapter that requires her to think for herself , to rely on her own instincts and judgements. A new place that demands she step out of her comfortzone and meet challenges head on without her family or familiar friends around her.. It must have a been a head on collision because she has been such a stalwart and bastion of coolness for the past few months !


I guess it began with a series of cracks...


crack number one.. her close frieds began to leave Kuching one by one around and after Christmas leaving her alone as their terms all started at the begining of Jan '09.


crack number two.. her church pals disappared for holidays leaving her to contemplate what life in a new church without familiar faces would feel like.


crack three..a close pal of hers decided that they should " time out"


crack four... I poisoned our beloved dog Bella who has been Michelle's constant companion and closest friend. And since I am her mother.. she cant really rave and rant at me cos she knows that.. well I am her mum


crack five... Jeff left the hamster cage door open last night and Michelle's beloved Ellie escaped and was no where to be found


Yup the whole " I am young and I can handle anything " came tumbling down . I guess sometimes when you're only just nearly 18 .. you need to remember, despite feeling grown up and ready to experience life.. life is nothing without your family who love you and friends who accept you. But it's also great to stand on the brink of a whole new adventure and discover .. that all you read about Jesus in Youth and Sunday school now becomes a reality as you face challenges and choices as a young adult. And so now my beloved daughter I must let you go and you will discover that when you are all undone and feeling low , that's when Jesus you read in the bible becomes Jesus your companion and friend.

No comments: