Friday, January 9, 2009

It's raining, it's pouring.. the old man is snoring !

It has been raining consistently for nearly 72 hours now. It stops just to allow us to do mini chores but most times it's a steady downward pour.

It makes for lazy cold afternoons and cat naps. Wet clothes that smell because they can't dry and my uncovered toothpicks have turned mouldy !. I have three hibernating hamsters who now sleep piled up on top of one another and Bella who prefers the kitchen floor to sitting outside on the porch.

Jeff is saying something and my kids are asking for something.. what? I can't hear them.

On a day like today..
- you cant watch tv cos Astro Malaysia cant catch the satelite in the pouring rain
-you cant wash the clothes cos they dont dry; not necessarily so ,but a good excuse anyway.
- you cant really cook because the market is dangerously slippery and wet.. and the parking is hell. Hey we have Maggi mee !

But

-you can catch up on email and old friends
-you can use your dog as a footwarmer!
-you can read those books and stuff you said you'd catch up on
- you can clean out the fridge.. and find out what those shoots coming from the vegge bin really are.. oh and that strange lump at the back that's turned a shade of purple!
-you can be like the hamsters and curl up in bed and not feel guilty about an afternoon snooze!
-you can do whatever you like cos in this rain and my deaf ear.. I can't hear what my kids or husband is asking of me...I smile and I nod. I hope it's not too important. Anyways, it's raining and even if my eyes are opened.. my brain is numb with sleep.. Wake me up when the sun comes out again ...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: