Thursday, January 15, 2009

What's in a friend?

My best friend is the drummer of our family band!

What's in a friend? Everyone has their own perception or values regarding friendship and I of course have mine.





Age dosent limit friendship

I am not easy to make friends with and by that I mean to have a level with me in which I am myself and not on guard when I relate to you! But once you're there , you'll it difficult to shake me off. Like the American postman I am there for you come hail, snow or rain


Loyalty is important to me . A friend who dosent judge me but who will ask me and despite a conflict of an opinion will still have the strength to stick it out with me. Who trusts me and believes in me.




A goofy sense of humour. Basically a person who gets my sense of demented and sometimes ironic humour. Like Jen Chin who gives me one kinda look and smile and tells me to behave!


An ability to forget and forgive quickly.. and not hold grudges . Sure we all get upset with one another at some stage of any relationship but to be able to let it slide and see the friendship as something more than the temporary irritation.

Shopping.. my friend must be able to go shopping! To walk for hours back and forth to find a good deal! Or even to forget the back and forth and just buy it ! And not nag about the price!
Nothing beats a friend who knows just what to say and exactly WHEN to say it. Sometimes they dont say it verbally but you know what they are thinking? and you tell them " Dont even say a word !" and you're spot on !

Eating.. nothing beats a relationship based on food. Not the organic, skinny chicken with no fat type or rolled oats , tofu mush but REAL FOOD like chocolate cake, Korean bbq dripping with fat, ribs, crispy fried chicken, cake, REAL CHEESE CAKE MADE with fresh cream and real cheese. fries dipped in tomato ketschup.. and bagels and spaghetti..I think you got my drift..

Finally, I guess a person who shares my values about church, about kids, about family and life in general. It's hard to be friends with people who just disagree with you all the time or on who's toes you stand on every time you voice an opinion !

To my BFF's... thanks for adding to my life !






No comments: