Saturday, January 31, 2009

My birthday gift.. count your blessings




In 1991 I gave birth to Michelle a week before my birthday.. and this year on the 22nd I celebrated my birthday with her in Perth . In some numerical twist of fate I recieved and released my only daughter on my birthday!







We arrived in Perth on my birthday , the 22nd. I was tired from an all night flight, wonky from lack of sleep and apprehensive of the future I faced . But it was a pleasant enough evening spent with Alan Lee an ex- GNF youth who brought us shoppping and to some chinese restuarant near Murdoch Uni in Perth.



The next few days went by like a blur. Banking , shopping, moving, finding directions, packing.. unpacking. And then finally.. we had to go home..




At the airport I looked at the closed shops( my flight was at 1.45am! ).. I came across a shop with colourful boxes and gifts.. I suddenly remembered.. this birthday there was no gift to open..I kinda like gifts! Then I got a nudge from Jesus..



I realised I was going home. My daughter was ok and settled in Perth. She had friends who surrounded her . At home I have another son waiting for me. Friends I will teach and learn from, girlfriends whom I will laugh with.... a husband who has patiently bourne my emo days without complaint.. young people who are waiting for me to start a new Youth calender year., Bella who just loves to hang around me as I work.... He gave me the great gift of being useful , needed and loved.. cost of gift = Priceless !


Can't put that in a box can you? :) Thanks guys for praying for us !

No comments: